“The Grays Harbor Shipbuilding Company of Hoquiam, Washington, built a number of tugboats for U.S. Army service during World War II. One of these, the LT-366 known as Private Romeo LeClair, was purchased by Foss in March of 1958 and after refurbishing was named the Patricia Foss (2). The Patricia worked along the Northwest Coast and in Alaska for the Foss Company and after many years of service was placed in stand-by until August 1976 when she was placed in lay-up. She was sold in 1980 and was given the name Dominion. Michael Skalley, The Patricia Foss (2).” Foss, ninety years of tow boating. Seattle: Superior, 1966, p. 201.
As built the, the Dominion measure 127 feet in length, with a 28 foot beam displacing approximately 290 tons. The Dominion is a single screw design powered by a DMQ-38 diesel engine.
Content copyright . DOMINIONTUG.COM. All rights reserved.